One Piece: New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shopping Spree [Closed]

2 posters

Go down

Shopping Spree [Closed] Empty Shopping Spree [Closed]

Post by Zero Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:26 am

“My, my…” Her soft, ever calm expression was fixated on a small shelf on the equally small room provided by the country, as a thanks for choosing to become a ninja. She was running out of a few spices, as well as some medicine. Shinobu wasn’t exactly sick, but keeping her stock up was just a way for her to be better safe than sorry. “Okay, I’ll go ahead and do some shopping today!” Hands on her hips and what little of a chest she had çpuffed up as she proudly announced her plans to none other than herself. After checking her small fox-faced coin purse and its contents, Shinobu soon headed out of her home.

Unlike the night, the hot sun and the clapping of her sandals hitting the paved road brought a sense of joy. The sentries upholding the militaristic state were a lot more lenient, so the overrall look of the village was a lot more lively. “Ehehe, so many things… Plenty of bargaining!” Lost in several booths and street vendors, Shinobu eventually came across one that was new, at least in her eyes. Much like everything else around, it was rather simplistic in design, a booth with several medical supplies below and a sign saying medical supplies. “Uhm, excuse me, good morning!” Shinobu greeted the vendor, a tall young boy. “Do you have some general medicine? I’m looking for some anti-venoms for snakes and scorpions, and some painkillers. Maybe some medicinal herbs for tea would be great as well…”

The jet-black haired girl glanced over all the supplies available, trying to identify them on her own as she waited for his response.

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

SHINOBU
TIER 4-1
IWA
GENIN

Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Shopping Spree [Closed] Empty Re: Shopping Spree [Closed]

Post by Genten Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:09 pm

The man had just been standing there, stood straight up like he aways was. His face was as calm as usual and his black vest n' pants weren't a mess! Thankfully, that is. An unkept shopkeep keeps shoppers away from his shop!  

He adjusted his glasses as a smaller little lady appeared in front of him asking for a myraid of things.  Painkillers and antivenoms, along with tea herbs. Thankfully, he had all of them.

He'd take a deep breath, and then start, "The anti-venom, in particular, was made by my father. He's an excellent medicine maker. Tell me first, how much do you have? So we can price accordingly. Most of these herbs were collected by hand, by my father. Thereby, no matter the price, I should be able to sell it to you. All I request is that you don't lie."

He knew that his father often traveled around, gathering all manners of herbs and poisons. Of course, he isn't one to outright sell poison to some random individual off the street. He's not that ambitious. He's just ambitious enough to set up shop with some of his creations and make a living based off of it.

Genten

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:46 pm

Shinobu’s calm gaze, soothing and somewhat innocent visage hid how her vision was stealthily all over the place. She wasn’t your easy to buy customer, no. The noirette knew how to choose the things she wanted to buy, and that was evident by how thoroughly she was aware of the merchandise visible in the booth by the time the boy spoke up. “My, I bet that it is excellent merchandise then.” Despite how young she appeared to be, she had a way to carry herself that was definitely unbecoming of her age.

Things seemed to take a different turn when the shopkeep decided to ask her how much she had. Shinobu’s mind raced when the final word rang in the back of her mind; this was a declaration of war. She may not exactly have a booth herself, but the majority of money she had on herself came from bargaining and sweet words when selling her pictures or drawings. Giving away the other party how much she had on her was similar to surrendering a battle for the country, to give up on her right to bargain for a better price.

Although the wheel of fate turned inside, on the surface, Shinobu still had the same graceful and gentle aura about her. “Oh, is that so…” She checked her bag, pulling out a fox-plushy coin purse. After checking it a bit she spoke up, “About 22,000 ryo.” Considering most D rank missions awarded around 5,000 ryo for being completed, that seemed like a decent amount of money for a genin like herself. Of course, she still had much more left up her sleeves. “I wonder if that is enough to buy any of them? I could do without the tea herbs, if not...” Her soft features turned subdued, and her visage quickly turned into one of disappointment. She wore a mask - all for the sake of fishing for the best prices. Although she had no ill intent, she wouldn't let herself be fooled.

The Pen Is Mightier than the Sword

堅炭 忍
Shinobu Katazumi

Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Genten Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:06 pm

While there was no change in his facial features, the way he thought about the small one in front of him changed. She was obviously smarter than most of her age, and her quoted amount was akin to what a lot of ninjas may have. He did some minor mental calculations while looking at the small child.

"Perhaps we can come to some fashion of deal. Twenty-two hundred ryo...it can net the anti-venom for sure, but I have a small inquiry for you. What is it you do for a living? Perhaps you're the prodigal daughter of a rich merchant, or perhaps you're some manner of shinobi. Either way, I'll offer you a long-standing deal if that's okay with you?"

Chomei thought highly of this kid, no matter what was happening. He figured her, from bearing alone, to have quite the potential in life. This thought was shown by a change of facial expression, into a pleasant one. He figured, at worse, she'd be able to come back and buy things from him any number of times, and he'd be able to supply only the best with his skills in the future. That's why, although the money she had wasn't a crazy amount, he wished to befriend her.

The disappointment was completely understandable when it came down to it, and it made Chomei judge her no lower than before.

Genten

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:03 am

Thankfully, his reactions have been pleasing so far. This was evident by the fact that, despite having set up a rather average number of ryo for this specific situation, his demeanopr did not change. “A deal sounds like a wonderful problem solver for my limited budget.” she played her part, laughing nervously at her own statement. However, when she heard him ask about her background, she intentionally hummed for some time before answering his question.

“Well, I can answer that inquiry of yours, if you are willing to answer one of mine. I wonder, does that make this a deal inside of a deal?” She raised her index finger to her lips, pondering over her own statement. If Chomei accepted her attempt at bargaining, she’d lean over with her right hand covering one side of her mouth, “Anti-venoms and herbal teas are not the only merchandise you have for sale, yes?” she whispered before winking at the shopkeep. The noirette stopped leaning over soon after asking her question.

If she received any positive signal, she’d smile like she has been doing so the entire time. “I see. A very interesting booth you have, Mr…?” Shinobu paused, long enough for Chomei to introduce himself if he wanted to. “If you were wondering, indeed, I am a kunoichi of the stone.” She produced only the slightest bit of her headband from inside her light blue kimono, tucking it away into the pocket again. “In any case, what exactly is that long-standing deal you have mentioned?”

堅炭 忍
Shinobu Katazumi

Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Genten Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:39 am

He listened to the girl, as she talked. His eyes didn't move from her, paying the utmost attention. Limited budget was an assured problem for someone much like her, a young lady   He'd nod.  He'd lean in as Shinobu would, listening closely as she asked. He'd also nod to that question, though his current poison was subpar, that's all the rest he sold. Medical supplies and poisons, and somethings things that acted as both depending on the dosage.

When she left time for Chomei to introduce himself, he would do so stating, "You may call me Morita."

She then explained that she was a shinobi, which explained her middling finances. She then asked him to elaborate.

"It's simple. You can use me as a long-time vendor, and I shall give you deals when you're not the wealthiest. When you succeed in the future, I just wish you purchase" He'd lean closer to her while taking a pause. "my poisons."  It was obvious from the look on his face that was exceedingly prideful about his poisons, despite their current state.

He also went into his vest, showing his headband for a second before shoving it back in his vest.

"We could be quite good partners in the future. But, for now, what exactly do you need? How much anti-venom, and what level of painkiller? Lastly, what flavor of tea?" He didn't really have many flavors, but he could see what he could do.

Genten

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:52 am

Amidst their exchanges, Shinobu’s lips couldn’t hold the excitement of finding someone that could hold their ground, even though she was being a bit on the offensive if she so said herself. Fishing for lower prices and trying to get into the most secretive or better wares from the get go was something that most traders weren’t exactly happy with. Even her supposedly limited budget was not enough to change Chomei’s demeanor towards her, and by this point she was pretty much sold on the young boy’s merchandise. “Morita-san, hmmm…?”

Chomei then procceeded to explain the deal. As the words flowed out of his mouth, Shinobu nodded her head along as though those words were music to her ears. Striking a deal was always her thing, and the negotiations have been sailing smoothly so far, “I would not mind taking up your offer on this dea- oh?” When the tall boy leaned closer, she reciprocated his movements. It was just as she thought - where there were antidotes, poisons were most likely somewhere around the corner, just like light and shadow. The pride splattered on his face volumes about how much he valued his own merchandise.

“If you are okay with a humble ninja such as myself, then we have a deal. I look forward towards our future. I do not need too much anti-venom — enough for a few creepy crawlies that have a rather dangerous bite. Pain-killers are a must for my parent.” her adoptive parent, “Oh, and I’m not picky about which tea flavor to purchase…” This time around, she settled for something simple. “I am going to settle for genmaicha if you have any.”

If the boy proceeded to make her orders a reality, she would question, “Morita-san, from a ninja to a ninja, would you like to try out the effects of your poisons sometime?” Shinobu hoped that that small exchange would be enough to hint at an indirect sparring invitation.

堅炭 忍
Shinobu Katazumi

Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Genten Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:23 am

He was very pleased that she was receptive to his deals. It showed she was smart, and that his intuition was right this time! He had been wrong before, and it always made him disappointed. However, this 'humble ninja' so she put it, was willing to take him up on this deal.

He'd listen to her list off her requirements, and as she spoke would go under his stand and start picking things out. Pain-killers for her parent? How strange, and tragic. He decided at that point in her list to not charge her at all for te pain-killers, which would've been the most expensive discounted item. He saw no reason for the little girl to lie when she was already getting a deal.  

He took the longest to find the tea, it was the part of his merchandise that he really didn't have memorised. It took roughly a moment to pop up after finding the tea, placing it all on the stand. Next, she stated her question and he had a thoughtful look on his face.

"Hmm. We could certainly arrange that, but for now.." He took a deep breath, going through some calculations in his meanwhile, "Give me...16,000 for the lot and we'll call it good for now." While he wasn't making any money doing it this way, the friendship was more than worth it to Chomei. He needed friends that were ninja anyway.

Genten

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down