One Piece: New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Catching the Stone Ninja Turtle [Closed]

2 posters

Go down

Catching the Stone Ninja Turtle [Closed] Empty Catching the Stone Ninja Turtle [Closed]

Post by Zero Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:38 am

From the window of her home, Shinobu observed the incoming sunrise. It had been a few days since she last had a chance to participate in a mission, so the excitement had caused her to wake up a bit earlier than she planned. “My, my… I can’t wait for it to start!” with a light smile etched across her visage, she patiently waited to kill some time. Most of her equipment was prepared already, so it was only a matter of checking up on Oboro before they could be on their way. Their mission wasn’t, quite frankly, anything special. She left, in a hurry, when the sun finally rose.

It was, in a sense, a bit of a challenge but still unique in its own way. The jet-black haired girl checked the scroll once more, “Still, to think we’d get a mission like this…” The contents included the tracking and capture of a land ninja turtle that seemed to have ignored orders in its last mission and refused to report for duty. Shinobu suppressed a chuckle as she read over the instructions again “Honestly… You’d think a D rank mission would include chasing cats or something like that…”

Though the target was a ninja, it only specialized in furtive and spying techniques, which brought it’s real active threat level down to D rank. If things went the way she expected, they’d get this mission done in no time. Shinobu stopped before Oboro’s house, a soft sigh escaping her mouth. “Ooooi! Oboro!” she called out, waiting for an answer. “It’s time! We need to finish the mission by the end of the day!”

If her fellow squad mate came out, she'd give him the scroll containing the details of the mission. "We got lucky this time, don't you think so? Better than helping that old lady buy things, when she can't even tell left from right."

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

SHINOBU
TIER 4-1
IWA
GENIN

Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Catching the Stone Ninja Turtle [Closed] Empty Re: Catching the Stone Ninja Turtle [Closed]

Post by Ika Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:25 pm

Oboro was awakened by the sound of a shrill feminine voice penetrating his ears in a rather depressing way. He was sleeping, god did he want to sleep. Nonetheless he knew that wasn't an option, she said something about a mission and that was when Oboro's otherwise muddled brain finally pieced together what he was meant to be doing.. They had to capture that fucking turtle, how annoying was that! Oboro looked out the window, casting a glance of irritation and annoyance in the girls direction as he rolled out of bed. She was lucky he was something of a pacifist, otherwise he would have long since used his concrete to hold her mouth closed permanently.

Oboro quickly got dressed and stepped outside where he was promptly greeted by having a scroll pushed into his chest. He frowned, opening it up to read the details of the mission they were pursuing. It was just a fucking turtle, why were they needed for that?.. He frowned, barely willing to reciprocate what she was saying. "I thought being a ninja would be more exciting than this honestly but it doesn't matter. Anything beats dealing with that old hag so let's just grab this turtle and get home."
Ika
Ika

Back to top Go down

Catching the Stone Ninja Turtle [Closed] Empty Re: Catching the Stone Ninja Turtle [Closed]

Post by Zero Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:20 am

Shinobu almost snorted at Oboro's morning face. She spoke up as he arrived, “Now, now, don’t be like that. You look like an old man being so negative in the morning…” She puffed her nonexistent chest with pride when he admitted anything was better than dealing with the old lady. Hands on her hips, she finally let go of the air, “I knew you would be so excited for this mission!” she commented with a straight face, disregarding his morning complaints about the mission and the duties of being a ninja. Anyone could see the sarcasm dripping from her mouth and spewing from her words. “And do not call your client ‘old hag’. You will not get paid.”

If Oboro was done with checking the scroll, she would offer her hand to get it back. As they made their way through the rather quiet and beaten paths of the stone, the village soon sprung to life as time passed. As the number of sentries decreased, the number of stalls and people walking around increased. “We are supposed to start looking for clues near the gates, then work our way from there.” She closed the scroll for good, tucking it away in her light blue kimono.

“Still, I wonder what could have caused a ninja animal to not follow orders. I do not have any summon contracts, but I heard they were supposed to be quite loyal?” In the distance, they could see the gates already. From that distance, they could clearly tell there were two individuals that stood out from the crowd due to their shinobi attire. Apparently they were the ones that would relay more info on site before they could start their turtle hunting.

The Pen Is Mightier than the Sword

堅炭 忍
Shinobu Katazumi

Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ika Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Shinobu seemed to take some small measure of pleasure in mocking Oboro's morning demeanor. He was definitely a bit on the grumpy side this early in the morning, he was genuinely amazed and baffled by Shinobu's excitement about the proceedings. She seemed to project her own excitement onto Oboro, insinuating that he himself was excited for the mission as well which prompted a quick eye roll and a heavy sigh in response. "Yeah yeah excitement and grandeur huzzah.." As he spoke he could physically feel his eyes beginning to roll into the back of his skull, and they reached their destination when she chastised him about the old hag.

He stopped on a dime, allowing his eyes to roll back from their previous destination as he wiped the sleep away. "I don't care for money or acting for the sake of it. If you're so easily capable of ignoring your thoughts then do me a favor and do it more often when you're talking to me as well." Oboro's eyes were staring lasers through the girl as they continued to walk, he would let his comment set in as they approached the gates. They were told to hunt for clothes but Oboro just couldn't be bothered. "This is lame.."

As Oboro said that he stretched his arms and began to loosely look around the area, the turtle was clearly pretty big because it left obvious tracks. "Well those tracks are a good start.. and yeah! I don't know to be honest, I feel like we're being fucked with but I can't be sure." Oboro continued to scan the tracks and followed them loosely. "Let's see where these take us."
Ika
Ika

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:05 am

“Yes, like that.” She nodded along to his obviously not compelled huzzah. Shinobu knew that the boy may not have been an early bird, but she didn’t really care. Neither did the kage, or the shitty situation of their country. Although she seemed unfazed by his words regarding money, they sank deep. Memories of days past came back and so did their bitter taste. Shinbou would never forget her early days of struggle, no matter how good her life was nowadays.

She could’ve argued against his points, but she’d rather not. Shinobu preferred to build a good relationship with people, rather than butt heads with them. “You really are not a morning person, huh…” she still held her carefree smile and didn’t let go of it even if he stared daggers at her. Shinobu was used to eyes like these, like the ones back when she wasn’t worth more than the dirt below the soles of her feet. “What, anything in my face? Do you perhaps like my features, Boro-kun?”

When they received their next bit of info on the assignment, Shinobu’s eyes narrowed in response. While Oboro checked the surrounding area, Shinobu enhanced her feet with chakra and bounced off the walls and onto the top of the nearby buildings, checking if there was anything out of the ordinary from there. Nothing. “If they have higher ranking officials involved, why haven’t they tried to do something about it yet…?” she murmured to herself, before she heard Oboro comment how he felt liek they were fucking with them. Shinobu followed her team mate from above the houses nearby, covering higher ground as she did so.

For some reason, however, the tracks stopped at a dead end in an alleyway. As it appeared to be near a storehouse of sorts, there were plenty of crates and barrels around. Shinobu hopped down from above, landing near Oboro. “Did you find anything?” If her team mate’s response was negative, she’d sigh and sit on one of the barrels around after brushing aside some of the dust on it. “If this keeps up, we will not make it very far. This feels like some sort of test…” The noirette dangled her legs about, chin rested on both hands. “Any idea about what we should do, Boro?”

The Pen Is Mightier than the Sword

堅炭 忍
Shinobu Katazumi

Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ika Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:07 pm

It seemed that Shinobu was a bit more apt to lick the boot and bend the knee. It wasn't something Oboro could empathize with, that strange and uniquely passive mentality. She could've tried to argue with him but by this point she probably knew better, and it seemed that she liked to build positive relationships, but Oboro wasn't exactly going to make that easy for her or anyone else. She mentioned that he wasn't a morning person, a comment that allowed him an opportune chance to roll his eyes, and once they returned from the back of his head she was still wearing that stupidly optimistic smile.

It was then that she tried to embarrass him, asking a pretty silly question. "Your facial features are fine, it's what's on the inside that I'm worried about." Oboro was hopeful that this comment would move the conversation forwards, and thankfully it seemed to accomplish something like that. She bounced to the top of the buildings and mercifully, thankfully, mercifully, Oboro was given some kind of light reprieve from her constant nagging. A relieved sigh escaped his lips, and it appeared that their mission had stalled once more in an alleyway. His reprieve was short-lived, and Shinobu returned to his side once more.

It was good while it lasted.. Shinobu was still hot on the case, and upon asking if Oboro had found anything he would at first say no, that was until.. "Those tracks.." Oboro walked over to them, examining them closely. "These look like the turtle was scooped up by someone or something, and there are foot-prints over here." Oboro pointed to them, scratching his chin lightly. "Suppose we should follow them eh?"
Ika
Ika

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down