One Piece: New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not exactly a tea party[closed.]

2 posters

Go down

Not exactly a tea party[closed.] Empty Not exactly a tea party[closed.]

Post by Ronin Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:12 pm

Tomoe recently distributed invitations, notifying recipients of their mandatory presence. Most called for confidential meetings; sign this, sign that. Yes -- the Tsuchikage herself was also frequently tormented by a repetitious cycle. One meeting was scheduled up next, not one where she signed documents with careful, graceful strokes, but for tea; tea with an academy graduate of all people. Tomoe's intentions however were not to formally praise the adolescent, despite it seeming so. Typically when non-political figures were summoned to her work quarters it definitely wasn't for tea.

During her time as Tsuchikage, Tomoe garnered an unfavorable reputation. Unlike some of her counterparts she's never reached a celebrity-like status; while gaining supporters, the notoriety of her decisions will live on in infamy. A sad reality, but perhaps it was a suitable price to pay for shielding them from the evils of the world.

With an aging hand, the woman personally prepared different flavors of tea, some of the more exquisite variety. Gyokuro, Genmaichi, and Ichi Kariben. They were prepared with etiquette. She aligned needed utensils nigh of perfection, with only the most careful touch and attention to detail. A gentle aura clogged her offices' atmosphere; Gentle, yes. Intimidating, no.

"Please, come in!"

Ronin
Ronin

Back to top Go down

Not exactly a tea party[closed.] Empty Re: Not exactly a tea party[closed.]

Post by Zero Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:32 pm

Thanks for being an early bird, Shinobu walked the streets of the stone with rather slow and steady steps. On her hand there was a small envelope of simplistic design and the seal keeping its contents safe was a beautiful gold, even though it had already been broken by the noirette. It contained an invitation — from no one other than the Tsuchikage. With each step, the young genin wondered just why such an important figure in the village demanded for her presence, but nothing came to mind. “Well then, things surely took a strange turn today. I wonder what we will talk about.”

In the distance, she could see the kage’s tower, her destination. “This will be a good chance to evaluate if the rumours are true. I am looking forward to it.” She tucked the envelope into her light blue kimono, increasing the pace of her steps a bit to match her excitement at the encounter. As far as she was aware, she hadn’t done anything wrong recently, so there was no harm in feeling a bit excited at the prospect of meeting the Tsuchikage.

After going through a rather lengthy bureaucratic process despite having the invitation on herself, Shinobu was eventually before the doors to the Tsuchikage’s office. After receiving a nod from the guard, she kocked on it twice, waiting for permission to enter. Upon being allowed in, she pushed the door open slowly but steadily — her movements held grace, smoothness, and a gentle touch that matched the atmosphere inside. After entering, she bowed lightly at first. “It is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Tsuchikage. As was requested of me, I am here.”

Even though her vision focused on the woman on the other end of the room, her peripheral vision managed to gather plenty from the office alone. She was surprised at the gentle aura and felt like it was a sharp contrast to the things she often heard. “I apologize if it is too hasty of me to ask, but have I conducted myself wrong in some way?” she asked the question out of formality, as she had already noticed the multitude of tea flavors flawlessly aligned. This was yet another situation she could not read - so intriguing!

The Pen Is Mightier than the Sword

堅炭 忍
Shinobu Katazumi

Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronin Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:54 am

Her rosy cheeks pulled at the soft flesh of her margins. The raven-haired girl was welcomed with nothing less of a genuine and gentle smile. "Please, Shinobu-san." Palm up, limb extended slightly, Tomoe's elegantly fluid motions welcomed the girl to sit. A decorative stone chair awaited, cushioned by soft fabric, like that of a pillow. She lowered herself, finding a comfortable spot on the furniture. Prior to their meeting she had the granite table positioned near her offices' window, overlooking Iwagakure. A breathtaking view. During the current time of day, the sun above blessed each lusterless structure with beauty; contrast to its' usually depressing tone. Surely Shinobu had a myriad of questions and concerns about her summoning, albeit that would have to wait.  

"Gyokuro." Gyokuro is green tea, its contents shaded from the sun as well grown in approximately three weeks. Her hand hovered above a steaming tea pot, and she'd follow a similar pattern: "Genmaicha." A green tea, combined with popped brown rice. "Ichi Kariben." Lastly, the herbal tea. Every aroma was equally as inviting, further accentuating her polite demeanor. She'd pour the flavor Shinobu chose, if she picked one that is. 

"You're not here to get scolded, Shinobu-san." Though, she wasn't ignorant of the teen avoiding curfew, how often she wasn't sure. Contradictory of her usual description. Ruthless, blackhearted, cold -- she's heard it all. Possibly a misconception, though judging from her cover alone happened to be quite difficult.
Ronin
Ronin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:41 am

Shinobu’s eyebrows were immediately raised in response to her first encounter with the leader of the village as that smile had caught her off-guard — she even used honorifics! “Please don’t mind me…” She bowed one last time as she was invited to sit in the stone chair that awaited for her. After taking her seat, she glanced at the scenery the Tsuchikage was more than likely very familiar with. Still, her eyes were glued and fascinated by the view. Shinobu felt an urge bubble up, to make the scenery before her into one of her drawings, but she locked it within. She wasn’t here to accommodate her own desires. Her gaze returned to the Tsuchikage the moment her gentle voice rang.

She was presented with three options. Shinobu didn’t think too deeply into the choices given before speaking up, “Gyokuro, please.” In reality, she almost couldn’t contain her excitement. The noirette was aware of the rather specific requirements for cultivating the herbs, and as a result their price in the market was rather high. As a freshly graduated academy student, she didn’t quite have the funds to afford it yet. “Thank you, Tsuchikage-sama.” although Shinobu had a legendary skill to keep it cool for someone her age, she couldn’t help but let her smile grow ever so lightly more than usual.

Eyes glued to the impressively youthful woman before her, Shinobu took a sip of the tea as she mentioned no scoldings were due to happen in this meeting. She wanted to sigh in relief, but played with a confident smile instead and let the drink rest on the granite table. “I am glad to hear that. Thank you for giving me the chance to appreciate Gyokuro.” She wanted to try more of its sweet and full-bodied taste, but the woman she shared the table with held more importance.

“Then why bring someone as humble as myself into the office, Tsuchikage-sama? Again, I hope I am not being hasty with my questions.”

堅炭 忍
Shinobu Katazumi

Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronin Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:29 am

"You're most welcome." Tomoe slightly bowed as well in response to her guest expressing gratitude. She'd often share aromatic beverages, or other commodities to ease tension. "Hmmm!" Delighted, she carefully scanned the trio of available flavors with her dark orbs; settling on Genmaicha. Taking her time to pour her own even. She aligned the cup with her lips, silently sipping its contents. Reflecting upon the adolescent's inquisitive nature. Tomoe rested the cup, uncoiling her slender digits from its circumference. "It's quite alright, Shinobu-san." She understood the girl was excited, which bred her hasty questions, truthfully, Tomoe did not mind. Respectfully, she did not break eye contact; like that of conducting business with officials. 

Why was someone so humble as Shinobu sharing tea with the Tsuchikage -- "I thank you for finding Ishigame." She'd eventually call upon the other as she preferred meetings on a personal level. She hadn't had time to think of a suitable payment, so, why not let Shinobu choose? She thought the mission was quite befitting to a fresh graduate, and remained anonymous intentionally; it doubled as an assessment. "I'm only a fraction of that turtle's age, and Ishigame-sama is quite the prideful one -- he can be a handful at times." Typically nin-animal contracts were unwaveringly loyal to their contractees, but ironically, Ishigame was quite the opposite. 

"Hopefully he didn't cause you too much trouble, Shinobu-san." She'd pause, taking a moment to sip more of her tea. "I wanted to personally reward you. Please, name your price." 

Ronin
Ronin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:21 am

Dictator, monster, masked woman. These were words thrown around as insults towards the woman before her, though whispered amidst a continuous string of fear. Yet the more time she shared with Tomoe, the farther away the tyrannical dictator became. Shinobu raised her eyebrows in response to her commentary about a name she wasn’t quite familiar with. “Ishigame…?” the noirette murmured to herself, low enough not to interrupt the leader of the stone. She recalled back to the mission they had undergone a few days prior to their current meeting, and soon enough the pieces of the puzzle fit together.

“So that was Ishigame…” She chirped the name back in response. She couldn’t quite pinpoint it yet, but it seemed the one responsible for that mission was, in fact, the Tsuchikage. “I see, hehe…” She tried to keep it cool, but memories of a few days ago reminded her of just how hard it was to bring the old-man-turtle back. “I would not say he caused too much trouble. It was, however, a bit time consuming. Thankfully we completed the mission before the deadline. Regardless of the trouble, I would say Ishigame-sama has his own roundabout way when it comes to loyalty.”

She sipped her tea and fell silent, trying to think of a way to respond to Tsuchikage’s last statement. That offer was… Beyond anything she could ask for. However, as much as she wanted to make full use of it, it seemed wrong to do so. She wasn’t the only one to participate in the mission, after all. “…!” Suddenly, a spark occurred in her mind as she had finally come to a conclusion. “Well, despite my humble self, I like to believe in my innate worth, Tsuchikage-sama. If it is not too much to ask…”

Shinobu moved her fingers as though she were counting on her hands, her slender fingers raised one by one. Yet, on the last one, her thumb, she offered her hand forward instead. “How about granting me the chance to share a tea like this once in a while from now on?” If Tomoe agreed to her request, she’d give her hand a light shake, as though sealing a deal.

Despite her penny pincher attitude towards money, Shinobu was aware that the coins had a limited value. There was no money that could match the same value as getting to know the leader of the villager like this so early in her life. This was Shinobu’s perfect chance — if she wanted to make the country a better place in the future, Tomoe was the perfect studying material.

堅炭 忍
Shinobu Katazumi

Zero
Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronin Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:47 pm

"That he does." She'd almost mumble to herself and pause momentarily. She couldn't help but replay memories with Ishigame in her mind, dating back to her youthful years. They were much simpler times. She'd break her train of thought shortly after enjoying the clay cup's contents. "I'm glad he didn't stir up any trouble." Tomoe selected a random genin with no prior knowledge of skills nor scores from their academy years.

Tomoe began digging through a small flora-patterned pouch, fully prepared to remunerate the genin for a job-well-done. Shifts of coin and paper alike created subtle noises. Music to those blinded by its monetary worth. With peripheral vision she'd count every one of Shibobu's extended digits; one, two, three, four, five thousand - "Oh?" Truth be told, she was taken aback by instead a handshake and deal. "Hm?" She'd take her hand, lightly shaking it, thus finalizing their mutual agreement. "That speaks volumes about your character, Shinobu-san, consider it done." Loosening her grip, her hand disappeared under their shared table again. "And come as you please, I insist." Truthfully, Tomoe could use the company. She grew used to those whom only acted out of fear; attempting to gratify their leader, their actions dictated by her common descriptions. Shinobu seemed different. Albeit, why only tea? Most avoided her presence if it all possible. The Tsuchikage grew curious. At times she acted with extreme prejudice to those deemed enemies of the regime, so she understood the circulated fear. While Iwagakure's government is undoubtedly authoritarian, the citizens are always its focus -- protect them at all costs.

In their brief interactions, she's grown fond of the girl as well. She'd steer their conversation in a different direction, to tame her own curiosity. "I'd like to know more about you, Shinobu-san, if that's alright?" Tomoe would only depart her margins again, depending on Shinobu's answer. "What are your aspirations? Hobbies?" Her green hues locked with the girl's own orbs. Tomoe understand her gaze at times could be fierce if inconvenienced, though Shinobu would only know one contradictory of that.
Ronin
Ronin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down